Sunday, September 7, 2014

Week 59: Changes, But No Changes, Member Support Is Awesome, Talking To Drunks, Repentance Is Not Just For Doing Bad Things...

So 6 weeks have come and you know what that means....Changes! But no. There were no new changes WOOHOO!!! I am still here in San Rafael with Hna Negro! Yay baby! Things are going really well here in this sector. There are really great people here. All we have to do is tell the members that we are visting someone and they ask for the direction and go and visit them or invite them to Family home evening. Wow. Estoy bien asombrada y feliz :) I can´t believe how fast the time is flying trully it is going by before I can even say "hola" I don´t know, it is just going by too fast. Well I had a lot that I wanted to say this week but I don´t know I always seem to forget...

P-day fun
Oh yeah! So my companion likes to talk to drunks and it makes for a really interesting time jaja. So one day a drunk man contacted us, he was living in New York and so he spoke english and he started to tell us about some dreams he had when God told him to stop drinking and then Satan came and told him to drink and do drungs and whatnot and at that point my companion asks him, so who are you listening to? SHNAP. Machete! But it is true, many people want signs but when they have them, do they listen. No. But we have a lot of experiences like that. It makes life interesting :)

Reminds me of Utah!
So this past week I decided to study repentance every day. And you know what, it was amazing what I was able to learn and I now have more goals and just wow it was amazing. I still don´t really understand a lot about repentance but it gave me a nice strart to really be able to put it in practice more in my life. I realised that repentance is a word that I grew up hearing and I thought that I knew what it meant, but I don´t really understand what it means in my life. It is an everyday act. Not just after doing something bad. In True to the Faith it says that every night we should do a self assesment and ask The Lord to help us know what we should do to start getting better. It doesn´t say that we need to do that on just the "big things" but every night. And so well I tried it and to be honest I fell asleep. Jaja But it was a start, and tonight I am going to do it again and I am going  to keep trying till I can do it right. I really love this Gospel. I love that I can continue learning and improving everyday. I love that my Savior made it possible. This is truly the Lord´s true Church and that we can have real happiness, real peace, families that can be forever. It is amazing. It is possible to really change. Well that is my spiritual thought for the week. LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

LES AMO

Hna Milligan

My Awesome District

No comments:

Post a Comment