Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 63: A Long Awaited Baptism, John 4:37, 2 More Transfers...

Well this week we were able to finish with a very beautiful baptism of a wonderful sister named Inés. 

So for starters this ward has quite a few eternal investigators, that in many cases are more active than actual members. Hna Inés was one of those. But because of a chain of, what some may call, unfortunate events, and what others would call miracles, she was at last able to be baptised. She had been waiting 3 years! Right three years, she had only missed one or two sundays in the whole process, and she was just waiting for the time to come when she could be baptised. And Septemper 20, 2014 came. During the whole process I was reminded of a scripture John 4:37. More or less it says, that to some it is to plant and others to harvest. My companion and I have been planing A LOT and we were given the oportunity to harvest. Honestly she knew everything, she knows more than some members, and so we just set up the interview with the DL and yeah. Lights. Camera. Action. She was just ready. It was such a special experience, she had been waiting for quite some time and at last it came. It goes to show that, truly, it is soo important to keep on keepin´on. Keeping the commandments even when you don´t see the results(blessings) you want right away. Sometimes we have to wait 3 years or more. But the blessings will come.

So that was the high light of the week. The funny moment of the week: when an investigator told us that he milked a dog. Umm Akward....jajajaja we died laughing, the poor hermana that came with us was dying of laughter. That was one of the funniest things ever! I can´t look at the dogs the same anymore. Bajaja. 

So, this week we had interviews with Pres. Christensen, and well he told me that I have two transfers left. Ouch. What did I say? "Presidente, that hurts more when you say it." Honestly, the time is going by so fast, but in the words of a very wise person I know "the mission is the MTC for life" I feel like I am being prepared to become someone far better than I was, maybe there won´t be much of a change but I feel like I am being molded so much in this time. This is truly the Lord´s work here on the earth. It is the most amazing ever. 

I love you all sooo much and hope you have a wonderful week and keep on keepin´on! SMILE!

les amo,

Hna Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment