Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 58: Earthquake, Emergency Transfers, Familiar Faces, People Are Watching You, But Not In A Creepy Kind Of Way

Okay so the earthquake wasn´t that big but I did feel it pretty well! It was cool. A little scary only because it was the first earthquake of my life. And everyone says that there are a bunch of little ones but I haven´t felt those ones. But it really wasn´t that strong where I was.

But for the big news the, big good news. There were emergency transfers again. And guess what, I am with Hna Negro otra vez!!!!!! Woohoo!!! It is fantastic! We are in Los Chillos, and the ward is called San Rafael. It is HUGE! Like I´m not kidding. the attendence is like 300 plus. Woah. And there are two elders from the seventy and it is just ginormous. But it is a fantastic ward and the awesome thing is is that it continues to grow and it has good retention and I am amazed by this ward. We are doing really well, the people here really are wonderful. They understand the message and they want to learn more. It is wonderful.I love it here! I miss my Vargas a lot, I finaly had a sector for almost 6 months. After all those transfers that was quite a pleasant change. I love my barrio de Vargas muchísimo. But I know that I am here for a reason. I am really happy here and I am so grateful to be here. 

But because of these tranfers I wouldn´t be in Vargas for the baptism of Jared Miño. But Presidente Christensen gave us permision to go to the baptism. It was so awesome to see that. It warmed my heart. I love that family sooo much! 

Okay quisiera hablaros concerniente vuestro ejemplo para los demas... or in other words I would like to talk to you about the example you have in the lives of others. But trully it would surprise you all if you knew just how much others are watching what you do. And not in the creepy, "I´m watching you while you sleep" kind of way. But others know that you are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and they know very welll what your standards are, but do you? A lot of the time they think we can´t dance or do anything fun. but then other times they also know that we don´t drink, smoke, dress immodestly, use bad language. What they don´t know is that we, all of us, as members are representing our Saviour in our actions, words and deeds. Many people here have seen a member do something that they shouldn´t and because of that they don´t want to have anything to do with the Church. And others because of good friends and neighbors have seen how we should be and because of this example they have been inspired to change and "come unto Christ". If you ever think that what you do doesn´t matter, that no one knows you. Remember that you are a child of God and whether someone sees what you do or not you are setting an example for others. You can turn the day around for someone just by smiling and imagine what more you can do if you share the Gospel with them. 1 Tim 4:12 and DyC 123:17. I love you all and I know that wherever you are you are being an example of the believers. Thank you for helping me prepare to be here. Trully for you help and example I am who I am. LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE, and act like it!!!

Les amo bastante,

Hna Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment