Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 64: 4 Seasons Every Day, Remembering Bishop Ryan, General Women's Conference, What Are You Giving To Christ This Year?....

Well we are experiencing all four seasons in one day! It starts out all pretty and perfect, like spring. Then by lunch we are dying of heat, like summer, and then right after lunch (I mean right after) it pours like no other, I mean there are rivers in the street! It´s not really like autum, but we will just say that it is. And then in the night it is soo cold that is is almost like winter. Well really, it is more like autum, but for the sake of the story it is winter. Jajaja. We have gotten soo wet these past few days, we had to return to the house to change because we where just sooooo wet and it was so cold. What can I say it is an adventure every day. :) There is a saying in the mission, that every time we are out working in the rain our future husband gets better looking. Well by this point, I should be marrying an Aman or Nefi. Jaja. 
This week we helped a family prepare their new house so they could move. It was fun I got to use plaster and it riminded me of Bishop Ryan a bit, but ssshhh don´t tell him that. jaja. 

This week we also had the wonderful opportunity to listen to the General Women´s broadcast! Woohoo! It was the best! I was really touched by the video of all the testimonies of the temple. Especially one about a young girl who her mom passed away, and the girl and her family got baptised and then she went and did the temple work for her mom. That story really hit me hard, because right before the conference we were visiting with a mom and her daughter and they told us their story and five months ago the father had passed away. The mom was a less activ and her daughter just got baptised. It really struck me that, these conferences are made to touch the heart of every person. Just like that message was especially for that family, there is always something that is directed epicifically to YOU. You just have to be prepared to recieve it. 

One of the other talks that really struck me was just a one liner, it wasn´t even the main theme of the talk but she just said "make a Christmas gifot for Christ"  and well we still have time between now and Christmas but I want to leave you all with the challenge to pick something that you want to do to give a gift to Christ this Christmas. It could be many things, give up something or even better make a habbit of doing something good or do something special for you Savior this Christmas. There is pleanty of time to decide and start doing it so. Go for it! I still have yet to decide but I leave you with that challenge and I will be home around Christmas to ask you all in person so you can´t just ignore my followups! :P jaja

There are trully many many miracles in every day. Are you prepared to see and reconize them?

LOVE YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!!! 

Hna Milligan


No comments:

Post a Comment