Monday, September 8, 2014

Week 61: Broom Of Destruction and Other Funny Translations, "Oiga Gringa!", Just Keep Smiling....

So for starters reading Isaiah in spanish makes it funny. I was reading this week and in 2Nefi 24:23. In english it almost doesn´t make sense (at least for me) but in spanish is says "escoba de destrucción" I about died during personal study. It was soo funny! I love translating some of the things here. There is a street here that is called "Josefina Barba" barba means beard, so Josefina has the last name beard. I don´t know if anyone else finds that funny but I do. Or a church that is called "La iglesia del Señor de los puentes" o sea the church of the Lord of the bridges. It makes me think of Lord of the Rings but with bridges.... I don´t know if anyone else is going to find any of that funny but así es.  

This week has been really full of funny experiences. We were with an investigator and he asked us "If I am chastity, where do babies come from?" Oh my goodness, I know it wasn´t very profecional but we couldn´t help it and Hna Negro and I laughted out loud. It didn´t help when he tried hitting on the hermana that went with us that day. But wait. It gets better. I was saying something, I don´t remember what but the investigator interrupts with some other topic and so trying to bring it back to topic I interrupt him and what does he say "Oiga gringa escúcheme!" Or in english "Hey gringa listen to me!" I died laughing to this day my companion says "Oiga gringa!" Oh good times. It is always great to find the funny in life and there is a lot of it here. And remember SMILE (Spiritually Minded Is Life Eternal) 2Nefi 9:39. We have something that others don´t even know they want and if you smile when you´re happy and smile when you are sad they will begin to wonder what they are missing and what it is that you have. You have no idea the power of a smile. 

I love you all so much and I want you all to know it! Keep SMILIN´!

Les amo mucho!

Hna Milligan 

No comments:

Post a Comment