Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Week 9 Successfully Finding For The Other Sisters...

¡Hola buenas tardes!

Hermana Milligan and Hermana Aldes
at the clinic...see story in last weeks post.
Hola soy Hermana Milligan y tengo una adiciona a el pan.... I don`t think that is the right way to say that pero, I love the bread here! It is so good! I could eat it all day and some days I do. haha That new word is actually from  two weeks ago pero...es nuevo por ustedes. Haha. It is pronounced wha-wha. It is cetchwa (I have absolutley no idea how to spell that) for baby or child. This week was a LOT better than last week. I am still struggling with the language but every week it is a little better. Poco a poco. 

I LOVE love love o en español me fascina sus fotos papa! Muy bien hecho! And Spencer is the perfect little nerd it makes my heart all happy and fuzzy. Y Spencer ¡Bien hecho! So happy to hear you are setting a good example for those around you, keep up the fantastic work!

The work here is great! It is a bit dificult because we keep finding people who are really receptive but they are in the other hermana`s area. Ay carai. Pero, en this town/villiage se llama El Placer we have been doing really well. The people there are so humble and so friendly. There is a family who are members and I just love them so much one of the daughters reminds me sooo much of Aunt Becky it makes me smile. We have quite a lot of people let us in to share a message only because they like to hear the word of God but rather than listen they want to talk more. I can understand parts, like last night we were teaching a family and after I bore my testimony (pretty much the only thing I can do) the head of the house was like "You can teach with the spirit" and then he continued on to tell us to look up these scriptures and such and went on and on. That happens a lot. When I first got here I was worried that the people would be really blunt about how I speak. But ether they are really really nice or my spanish isn`t as bad as I think it is. Because I haven`t had many people say that my spanish is bad. Although they say that I`m doing really well and then I speak more and they get this funny look on their face... Haha. I did have an investigator pray for me to learn spanish quickly. Tan amable!  This week one of our investigators (the one who has been attending church) is right on track. She is doing so well. She doesn`t know about baptism yet but she is so great, she comments during doctorine principles and is really spiritual. She is great! Just working on helping her feel prepared for baptism.
This picture is from the El MCC. This is
Lauree's Trio. The young man is
Miguel, their investigator/ trainer.

This week my favorite scripture is Santiago 1:5 (James 1:5). I certainly lack wisdom and it is such a comfort to know that I can turn to my all knowing Father in Heaven for the answer. It is kind of like sitting next the the smart kid in class pero, mucho mejor because 1.) It isn`t cheating 2.) Padre Celestial wants us to have the answers. Prayer has been my biggest help in this time. I tell mi comañera "Mi vida es una oración" Es la verdad. Yo sè que Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial y Èl nos ama muchísimo. Èl quiere que nosotros tengamos felicidad en esta vida y para siempre. Les amo mucho. 
Hermana Milligan 

No comments:

Post a Comment