Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Week 12: No Change, Hard Work Rewarded, Was Understood, And Answers To Mommy



Esta semana es la semana de camios.


 Y todavía estoy en Baños y todavía con Hna. Aldás! Woot!!!! I am sooo incredibly grateful for this. Because we finaly got things going in our area and FINALY have investigators who are progressing. It only took 6 weeks. But all our hard work is starting to pay off. This sunday we had 4 investigators attend sacrament meeting! I know it is a small number but it is quite a change from the 1 we had all the other weeks. This week has been quite a blessing! We have found some really great people but it has also been really challenging. We have this one investigator and she is 19 and has the cutest little boy. She also has had a horrible life. It is so sad to hear what she has been through. But she has such a strong desire to change and help her son have a better life. It is so amazing to see her push through all that has happened to her and want to change. In one of her prayers at the end of a lección she wanted to be baptized and after she asked what she had to do in order to be baptized. Wow. She is so strong. We are working really hard to help her.


Tambien this sunday I gave a talk. And of course it had to be the day that our little branch, that usually has maybe 30 people, was FULL. Like 100 (or maybe 80) people full. Yeah. I was so nervous. But thankfully Hna. Jones took a lot of time and I only needed to speak for 5 minutes. Jaja. And of course after my talk I was reminded of all the things I could do better. Oh and did I mention that I only had like 12 hours notice. Yeah. It was great. But the best compliment ever came from one of the members and she said that she could understand the whole thing! Woot! I was so happy to hear that. It has been one of my struggles not so much to speak but to speak something that can be understood. 

Thought for the week comes from 2 Nefi 32:1-5. In versículo 2 dice que if you have recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost you can speak with the tongue of angels. En versículo 3, angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost because they TESTIFY OF CHRIST. Y en Alma 13:24 it says that The Lord has sent angels to prepare people for the work. In other words those of you who have recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost (all members) are sent to prepare those around you to recieve the gospel. Missionaries can do a lot to progress the work of the Lord but members can do soo much more. References and helping the missionaries teach lessions are fantastic! But the best thing to do is just share your testimony with your neighbors, friends, coworkers. Set the example or in other words plant the seed. You don´t need to be a missionary with a name badge to help someone accept the gospel and come to Christ. I love you all soo much and am so grateful for your letters and support. I love hearing about the missionary work my family is doing. It makes my heart all happy and light. I know that there are so many blessings that come from opening your mouth and speaking those feelings of the Spirit.
Les amo muchísimo,
Hermana Milligan

                                                               Letter to Mommy

Haha Mommy it is either a weekly update or answer to all your questions haha. No, I will try and answer all your questions as best I can. First things first. I ABSOLULTLY LOVE LOVE LOVE your letters they are perfect. It means so much that you write me at all. I know how hard it is for you to write and feel good about what you write and so anything at all is wonderful wonderful wonderful. But that doesn´t mean you can write less now. Haha I love you so much and I miss your hungs and talking to you about how I feel, but rest asured I don´t build up the tears here. I am like a fountan without an off switch. Poor Hna. Aldás she doesn´t know what to do with me sometimes. Haha. 

Speaking of Hna. Aldás. She is great she is a convert. Her mom came to know the church when she (hna. Aldás) was 8 and she was baptized then too. Her family writes her and are supportive. They are having some struggles right now but they are supportive. Her grandma passed away this past week. But Hna Aldás is so strong and it is so hard but she is doing her best to be in good cheer. She is really outgoing and friendly and she likes to be punctual. Haha I need to work on liking that. I think we get along really well. I mean there is still a language barrier and sometimes I feel bad because she has the same desire to be understood that I do and sometimes I just can´t be that person she can talk to. and that is hard. But she is great great all the way around. I love her so much and am soo glad she is my compañera. To be honest about the location of Baños I have no idea. I think it is twoards the bottom but I am not so sure. 
Con recipes just anything from scratch will do and without the oven. (because we don´t have an oven) As of right now I eat cearal con yogurt with fruit for breakfast and dinner. I love it though so don´t be worried. I just want to be able to contribute more for food wise. And yes I have been eating bananas it is a crazy miracle that has happened here. I like things that I didn´t like before and one miracle in particular there is this fruit here that tastes like honey dew and I can eat it!!!! Woot it is quite amazing! I am doing fine with money. Everything here is really cheep like a dosen bananas for a dollar or a pound of rasberries for a dollar. The blankets ar great they keep me nice and warm I have like 5 though.... jajaja When it comes to the shoes my favorite are my boots the other ones are okay but I always roll my ankle with them and I like my boots because I feel like it is a protection against dogs jaja. And cloths I wish I had brought more things for cold weather. More sweaters. but all in all it is fine. 

I love your hair super cute!! Joel did a good job. Please give grandma Davis a big hug from me and send my love. oh and Hna. Aldás send her love and greatings. Good luck for the 5 K you will do great! Love you soooooooo much
Have Spencer give you a hug from me and give one to daddy and Matt
Tu hija,
hermana Milligan
Did I answer all your questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment