Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 11: Snow!?!, The Gift of Interpretation of Tongues, And Hold The Higher Ground

Harmana Milligan with her Zone.
Yes, indeed there was snow this past week the 10th to be exact. ( I wrote it down so I could tell everyone). I guess the weather is just going crazy all over the world. It has rained almost every day here, and the natives say that Baños usually has really great weather but so far I think there has been maybe 3 days of sun shine and brightness. Every other day has been cloudy and raining. Which I am okay with personally, pero esta poco frío.

This week has been a bit of a trial. Pero also a blessing. We had a zone conference and it was AMAZING. Hermana Ghent spoke to us about breaking cycles of discoragement and finding missionary princibles en El Libro de Mormón. It was pretty much amazing. But the most wonderful, amazing, fantastic part of the whole conference was that I was able to understand almost all of it! I think I have developled a super power or better yet I think I have the gift of interpretation of tounges. Pero slightly different. This is going to sound strange. But I don´t ever really know what people are saying but I can feel what they are saying. It is really rather strange because I think back on it and I don´t know what they said or how to respond when I think about it but some how I know what is going on in the moment. I know that the Lord is blessing me bastante. Yeah that´s right, I have super powers. 

I love hearing from you all soo much! Daddy I love your thoughts a LOT, muchas gracias!  Y Hna. Aldás les saluda. Y ella dijo que ustedes son muy buenos y ella esta agradecidos por mi familia. Yo tambien. Estoy muy muy muy agradecidos por mi maravillosa familia! Gracious por su apoyo y amor. Es difícil para expresar en palabras. Les amo muchísimo. y you quero que ustedes sepan mi amor para cada uno de ustedes. 

This week I want to share my study en 3 Nefi 3. Versículos 1-11 are the treatings of the leader of the Gadianton robers. I want to point out that in v. 7 lo dice "become like us" this is exactly what Satan wants. He wants us to be miserable como él. He uses flattery, treats and tries to make us doubt our divine worth. But in versículos 12 is the response of a rightous leader who "could not be frightened" and therefore did not listen to the treats. He then had his people pray for strenght not to have the challenge go away but for strenght to be conquerers. Next he had them gather to one place, like church. Church is a place disigned to give strenght one to another and help combat satan. Then last he preached repentance. This is really important. Repentance is change, becoming better. The only way we can become like Our Father in Heaven is by becoming better through repentance. I loved this whole chapter. Also another insight in versículos 20 y 21. The people went to the prophet for guidance ( they wanted to go to the land of the robers to fight) but the Lord tells them that if they do that they will fall into the hands of their enemies. 1. The Lord didn´t say don´t do this. period. End of story. But rather if you do this here is the consequence. 2. Never lower your standers. ALWAYS seek higher ground, not the gound of your enemy. You cannot win that way. The challenge I leave with you this week is seek for higher ground. Turn to the Lord in all you do and then listen even if it isn´t what you want to hear.

Les amo! You are always in my prayers.
Hermana Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment