Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 10 Crazy People, Eyes of Jesus, And The Divine Purpose of Rain


Familia mía! 
Les amo muchísimo. I don`t have as much time to write today. We had a activity de zona hoy. It was in Ambato which is about an hour away and so we were gone all day. And I only have an hour to write you and Presidente Ghent. Pero, todos esta bien. I was called an angle today.... that was a very interesting story. So on the bus ride to Ambato there was this rapping preacher type person. And he wouldn`t leave me alone. He said that as missionaries our hearts are far from God but I have eyes like Jesus.... I don`t know. It was quite the experience. I seem to attract the crazy people. I blame my hair. Haha. There is a lot I want to share but not a lot of time. This past Tuesday I went on splits with the hermana lideres. That was quite the experience because I didn`t have Hna. Aldás with my and my companion for the day didn`t know the area and it was quite strange to be in charge to an extent. Something funny here. The garbage trucks play music like an icecream truck would. It makes me smile. :)
In my scripture study this week I have been focusing on how to recieve revelation. My studies took me to Praying with faith. And it lead me to Isaiah 55:8-11. In versículos 8 y 9 it is about how God´s thoughts are not our thoughts and God has higher paths than we do. In versículo 10 it is about how God sends the rain and it is always for a purpose, to help the the seed to grow to bring bread to those who are hungry. And this is my favorite, versículo 11 the same with the word of God. He sends it for a purpose. "It shall prosper in the thing whereto I send it" Wow. In life there are lots of times when we feel like it is raining always and there is no end to the rain, or metaphorically speaking, no end to the trials but we have to remember that nuestro Padre Celestial sent the rain for a divine purpose that we cannot see. But it will not be in vain. EVERYTHING we go through is preparing us for something. And we just have to remember that the Lord knows us and what we need. The rain is for our benefit. Look for the blessings in trials. 
Les amo. I hope all is well with everyone. How is Grandma Davis? 
Oh, p.s Hermana Aldás likes Hi-Chew or Dots. 

Les amo,
Hermana Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment