Monday, September 30, 2013

Week 13: Menos Activos, Don't Say I Told You So, Follow The Lord To The More Fertile Parts

Primero: Hermana Aldás envia su saludos!
Wow! Things are going so well, things are really starting to pick up here in good ´ol Baños! We are finding menos activos all over the place and relatives of members, which is great. Today we went to buy ice cream and the lady working there is a member but menos activo. She recognized us with our tags and everything it was really awesome. And last night we were returing to our house when this cute little old man comes up to us and shakes our hand and we begin to introduce ourselves and he explains that his son is a member turns out his son is the branch mission leader! There are people every were who are being prepared for this gospel. It is such a beautiful thing. Makes me all happy inside.
Ayer, tuvimos 6 investigadores en la capilla!! Woot! It was such a miracle. One family and two others. It was simply amazing! Nancy came she is such a sweet heart. We have been teaching her for the whole time I have been here and she doesn´t have a desire to be baptised but she is doing everything. She even came to church yesterday even though her knees have really been hurting her, but she came. She understands that in order to recieve blessings you need to keep the commandments. But she still needs to understand the importance of the priesthood. She recieved a priesthood blessing for salud ayer, espero que le ayude understand the importance of the priesthood. Family Portilla, they are amazing! The only problem is that they need to get married. Carlos y Veronica, they have three boys and they are soo cute and smart! We had a tour of the capilla with them and before we talked about bautismo as anything other than bautismo he said "yo quiero seguir el camino de Jesucristo" wow. Did I mention this kid is 10. The parents know that in the world there are not very good examples and they want more for their children. They stayed for all of church! Not just sacrament! And they want to come for General Conference!  And then there is José, he is the brother of Carlos and he is 19, it was so great that he came becuase he we tried to visit him but he had his friends around and didn´t want anything to do with us. But it was quite a surprise when he came. Hna. Aldás y yo hemos trabajado muy duro these past 7 weeks. And it is such a blessing. 

Speaking of blessings. It is so strange but the food that I normally don´t like I can eat just fine here. I don´t know, it is strange. Por ejemplo, rasins. I like this brand of granola that has raisins and I don´t know I just got lazy one day I didn´t want to take out the raisins and they tasted good...Now I don´t want to hear I told you so. The food is different here and it tastes better... jaja. And mayo.. they put it on the french fries and I eat it. Also bananas, I like them quite a lot....it is strange oh and hot dogs. I don´t necessarly like those but I´ll eat them. It is quite strange indeed. But one thing I am not used to is partially cooked eggs. That still gets me. Jaja. 

Mi pensamiento por la semana: 1 Nefi 16:16
In this verse Nefi y su familia are guided to the "more fertile" parts of the wilderness with the lehona (no sé como escribir en ninguno idioma). Following the Lord´s plan doesn´t mean that everything will be easy and it doesn´t mean that everything that happens will be good. Nefi had many trials, his family was living in the wilderness things were not peaches and cream. But because they followed the counsel of the Lord there were guided to the "more fertile" parts. Just like Nefi, if you follow the counsel of the Lord, you will be guided to the better in your life. I know that it isn´t always easy to be obiedient, some days I want to sleep in or wear pants but I know that the Lord´s ways are not my ways and if I follow along the Lord´s path I will be lead to those people who are waiting for this marvilous, fantastic, life changing message. Go forth with faith knowing that as you choose the right your Father in Heaven will guide you to where you need to go! And help others find this message too! when members give referals it is so much more effective. I challenge you this week to give the missionaries referals and just see what happens. So, will you think of someone who doesn´t have this gospel and give their name to the missionaries this week? I want to hear about how it goes. Por favor write me and tell me about the experience.

Con mucho cariño,
Hermana Milligan

P.s This past week we met someone from the U.S who is living here and it was so hard to speak english! There are somethings that are in my head as spanish and I can´t think of some words in english! Woot! This makes me happy. Just wanted to share that with you. :D





No comments:

Post a Comment