Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Week 14: Bugs Of The Orient, Delicate Gringos, Takes Faith To Gain Faith

Hola BUENAS TARDES!!!

¿Como estado? Me encanta escuchar a su trabaja con los misioneros! Me pone muy feliz! 

Here are the hemanas de Baños!
Hermana Jones is the blonde
and Hermana Rivera is the brunette
Well this week was quite the adventure. Our area is in part of the orient and as such there are a lot of bugs. Like a lot! I got a bug bit the other week and it itched so I itched it and thought nothing of it untill my ankle began to swell up. And it turns out that the mosquitos here have different bacteria and when "los gringos" scratch it can cause an infection. I can´t tell you how often I heard something along the lines of "los gringos son bien delicados" Jaja. Que bueno. Also because of the increase of missionaries they are adding another area to Baños this next transfer. It is so needed. Our area is so spread out it is hard to visit everyone. But it makes me so happy to hear about the growth of missionary work and of member missionary work especially. I love love love conference. It was a spiritual feast and my spirit still wants more jaja. We had to travel to the stake center in Ambato and sad to say that the family from last week, weren´t able to make it. Their youngest got sick. :( But There was such a surprise in Ambato, Hermana Carter! My airport buddy! She got trasfered to Ambato and it was sooo great to see her. Because there are so many of us non native spanish speakers they had conference in english for us. Which was a blessing, even though I was prepared to listen in spanish, it was great to understand what was being said and not only relying on the feelings that came. But in all honesty I do believe I am getting better with spanish. It is a step by step process. And I had to tell Hna. Aldás to stop trying to understand me and straight up say that what I´m saying doesn´t make any sense. Jaja she has the gift of translation I am sure. She can tell what I´m trying to say when no one else can. 
Espiritual Pensamiento de la semana: Tenga fé
I know it is said over and over but I want to emphasise the importance of faith. It is with faith that we pray, it is also with faith that we recieve answeres. I loved the talk given by Elder Bednar it was seariously one of my favorites. It is with faith that we are able to see those significant but subtle blessings that come as we keep the commandments of our Father in Heaven. Something that really stood out to me during conference was that we

HAVE to exercize faith in order to have faith in the first place. The greatest blessings come after the act of faith. Here is is really hard to help the people understand the importance of keeping the sabath day holy but it really struck me that when we act on what we have learned then is when we gain a testimony, I need to take this and use it to help our investigators. And it takes faith in order to act on what we have learned. It is all one big cycle, I know I didn´t explain it very well. But any who I hope everyone takes what they learned in General Conference and applies it. Whatever it may be that you learned HAGALO! (That´s what I tell Hna. Aldás when she can´t make up her mind if she wants to buy candy or not) Go forth and be conquerers in the Lord. Go for walking in faith. Letting the light of Crist shine in you be a guide for those around you who are stumbling. 
I love you all and am soooooo happy to hear about Amber and Eric´s date for the temple! Such wonderful news! I was practically dancing when I read that. 
I know that the Lord is watching out for you (DyC 100:1) That verse has brought me lots of peace  in this time. Please give grandma Davis a hug from me and tell her that I love her.
Les amo,

No comments:

Post a Comment