Friday, January 3, 2014

Week 26: Feliz Ano Nuevo, Crossing Mission Boundaries, Wicked Traditions, And Remember Lot"s Wife

Okay, so to start off the new year I got transferred to the Quito Norte mision....No, just kidding. But I am in Quito for the rest of the week. My compaion is going through something and so we have to be with the Mission Nurse and she lives in the other mission so for right now I am in Quito. So just if you could keep my compa in your prayers that would be fantastic.
So, remember how I said I was waiting for some wicked awesome traditions for Christmas and there wasn't really anything? Well the traditions are all in New Years. Like everything is shut down and and it is only by miracle that I am writing you right now. But they have this tradition of making these paper mache type manikins that represent people that they don't really like or that they don't want in office or sports teams and then they burn it. And also the men like to cross dress and pull people out of cars and dance with them in the streets... Yeah, we can't leave the house after 6. Things are definitely different here. But it is quite interesting.  
Okay so I don't have my study journal with me right now but I would like to encourage you all to read/listen to the talk given by Elder Holland titled "Remember Lot's wife" it is perfect for the new year and it is all around amazing. I love you all so much and I just wanted to let you know that everything is going well. And please as you go about making your new years resolutions, REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!!!
Les amo,
Herman Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment