Sunday, January 5, 2014

Week 26 Part II: Second P-day. Blending In With The Natives, Spending Time With The Nurse, A 25 Cent Miracle, And Grace

¡Buenas tardes!

How is everyone? Okay so don´t freak out that I am writing this on Saturday, I´m not being disobedient, like I said in my last letter, we are staying with the mission nurse and her Pday is on Saturday so yeppers I am here and I get to write twice in one week. woah. Crazy. Oh, and because I was sick and tired of all the cat calls and I didn´t want to come home with a complex, that if I didn´t get whistled at at least 5 times in the day that I wan´t pretty, I decided to dye my hair. A nice dark brown color. And it worked. The cat calls have gone down to maybe one or two a day. Woohoo!

So just a little update on how things are going with Hna. Carter. She is doing a LOT better (I can tell the prayers are working). It was thought that she would be going home but with lots of prayer and the help of our wonderful mission President, she is staying! Woohoo! But sadly not as my companion :(, but up unto this point I don´t know who my companion will be I´ll find out Monday, then Monday I´ll be shipped off to my area and will keep you informed. 

So, I got to go on splits this week with Hna. Martin, I have just one transfer more than her, and we went contacting and it was really funny, because it was a new sector for both of us and we just happened to run into all the members and less active members in that area. Jaja. It was great. So, I just want to share this one experience with you. So as we were contacting, this woman with her two kids walks by us and you know we say "hola" and she keeps walking and when she is about half way down the street Hna. Martin looks at me and we both say "We need to talk to her!" but not wanting it to be awkward or anything, you know she had just walked past us and it would have been weird if we had just followed her. So I say "we could say she dropped a dollar..." and that is what we did, but with 25 cents... jaja and so we started to talk with her and we found out more about her and taught the Restoration and she is super buena! Super she has a bunch of questions and it was a great experience. And no joke it was directly after we prayed to find someone. The Lord loves His children and it is true if we ask for what we want and if it is a righteous desire, He will give it to us. Mateo 7:7 is real. 

I love you all sooo much and I know the Lord is watching over you. Just remember who you are, remember your baptismal covenant and what it means. (Mosiah 18:9-10). Remember that grace doesn´t mean that you have to do all you can to pay back the debt, grace means that it has already been payed for and that you are just preparing yourself for how comfortable you want to be in God´s presence (September Liahona 2013).  
Les amo bastante!
Hna. Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment