Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Week 21: A Friendly Reminder, Better Off Dead, Another Baptism

Que vuela el tiempo

Buenas tardes mis queridos hermanos y hermanas!
 
I hope everything is well in Los estados unidos. I hope you all are keeping up on your scripture study and prayers as well as attending church. These things really REALLY help in everyday happenings. They may sound like the "primary answeres" but they are trully the foundation for our testimony and we can recieve strength in everything that we do with these little things.Your Father in Heaven loves you and wants to bless you, and we recive blessing when we are obedient. Entonces,will you continue doing those things in order to recieve this strength? Reading the scriptures? Praying? Attending church? I can promise you that there is power in the scriptures and that as you continue praying your eyes will be opened to the blessing the Lord has blessed you with and that He will continue to bless you with. And that as you continue going to church you will be able to be more receptive to the promptings of the spirit in your life. I know this is true not just because I have been taught this but because I have experienced this. God is my loving Heavenly Father and He knows what I need and what others need as we continue being obedient he can bless you and you will feel His love more.

Something funny that happened this week.
As we were getting off the bus there was this small child on a bike and as we passed him all he said was "two dollars" in english as well. It made me think of Better off Dead and the paper boy. But it was also soo random that i couldn´t help but laugh anyway. But it made me think of you Daddy and this movie. it was a good laugh. Another movie connection in real life. We have this one investigator who is really attatched to his bible, I think he has like 20 or something but we were in one lección and he turns to me and asks if he can see my bible, sure why not. He looks it over front and back looks at me and says this is a good bible. It reminded me so much of Nicholas Nickleby (if you don´t know it, look it up, it´s a good ´un) with the door. It took everything in my not to laugh.

This is a fruit here that is really wierd
 but strangly enough I like it
(A type of Passion fruit)
This past wednesday we had a baptism. For Nancy. She is seriously fantastic, she is so intune to the Spirit. She is a sure sign that the Lord is preparing people for us to find. I don´t know who learned more, her or me. She is such an example of the believers. It is such a humbling experience to be able to work with her and teach her. I have learned soo much from her and I know that she will do great things in the gospel.

Quiero que ustedes sepan que su Padre Celestial les ama y que todas las cosas que Él les ha dado, cada dificultad, cada día feliz, es para su beneficio. Y es por obediencia a las leyes de Dios que podamos recibir bendiciones, y últimamente ser felices. DyC 93:28. 
He that keepeth his commandments receiveth  truth and light, until he is glorified in truth and knoweth all things. D&C 93:28

Cuídense mucho!
Tengan una bonita semana!
Hermana Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment