Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Week 22: 5 Months Down, It Helps To Forget, We Need The "Furious Winds"


Feliz cumple mes a mi
Today is my 5 month mark. Wow, I can barely believe it. Yo he estado en el campo por 5 meses! Que loco! The time goes by sooooo freakin´ fast, there is a small part of me that is like woot I can see my family soon, but more prodmanetly it is "Ahhh I don´t have enough time to help all these people! maybe I can get an extension..." I love the mission soo much, in just these 5 short months I have learned soo much about myself and even more about the love of Christ. I trully have seen miracles every day. One of such is that I have forgotten a lot about how things used to be back home, don´t take that wrong. It really is a great blessing that I don´t remember how things are, I had even forgotten when was Thanksgiving ( I was reminded by a fellow United Statesian) It helps to not feel super trunky. And you know I´m glad that it isn´t really similar to home here for Christmas it is easier to not feel sad. Jaja. 

This sunday was fast sunday as you all know and as companions we decided to fast to find a family. We started our fast and headed out to work. Right now we are in search of less-actives, but the problem is that direccions don´t really exist here, but somehow we find them, I like to think that it is my gift with directions that helps us. But we were on the hunt for this one less active family and we had a small idea but not certain. We took one street, that just so happened to be the wrong street but there we found this young woman and it turns out that she just got married and is expecting. We found a family. She is wonderful. Now we just need to find her with her husband.... It´s gunna happen.
Also this fast sunday I fasted that our investigators would come to church. We headed out to pick up the people who we said we would and when none of them were there, I was feeling pretty down. So we head to the chappel and right before they pass the sacrament, Nancy sits next to us (she is the one who just got baptised and she told us that she wouldn´t be able to make it this sunday) BUT SHE CAME!!! And then Maria and Mariana came in they are family members of a family reciently baptized and we are teaching them. It was like the best Thanksgiving ever! My testimony of fasting has been fortalized. 

Now I would like to talk a little bit with regards to the Work of Salvation. First, this is nothing new, or it shouldn´t be something new it really is just what we as members should be doing anyway. It is just keeping up with your baptismal covenents. For those of you who don´t know the work of Salvation is to help strengthen the members, recient converts and continue inviting and helping non members come unto Christ. With a focus on the members and the missionaries working together to do this. There is so much I would like to say but one so much time. I would like to challenge you all to step up to your potential and do your part in the work. and if you don´t know what is the Work of Salvation, look it up and see what you can do. It is really something great and I can promise you that as you help others you will feel better, your problems will seem smaller and you will feel more strength to overcome challenges. And remember Moises 1:39. When you help others come unto Christ you are helping your Father in Heaven with His work and His glory.

Scripture for the week. Ether 6:5. We need the "furious winds" to help push us to where the Lords needs us to be. And remember that the wind is sent from God and He knows where we are heading even if we don´t. Trust in Him and know that He will always lead you to where you need to be and what you need to become what He seens in you.

I love you all soooo much I can´t even express the smallest part of it. I am sooo grateful to know you all. Please keep me posted and REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!

Les amo mucho,
Hermana Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment