Monday, November 11, 2013

Week 19: No More Newby, Lost And Found, A Personal Note To Daddy :)


Hola mis quierdas hermanos y hermanas!
This is my weekly report on the goings here in Baños. This is my 3rd transfer! Woohoo! I made it though 12 semanas y now I am out of the ranks of newb. But in all honesty I think I have learned more this past week than I did in the past 12 weeks. My new compañera se llama Hna Negro ella es de Argentina y tiene 23 años. She is great! I think of her as my 23 year old Argentinean twin, except we look nothing alike and she is, you know from Argentina. But in all honesty we are really similar, which sometimes makes things hard because we have similar debilidades but with this I have already learned sooooooo much. Hna Aldás really was like my mom (in the mission she is my momi) and I was like a child. I am still like a child but now it is more like we are both in this growing and learning field together. And we are both learning and growing BASTANTE.
One spiritual experience for the week.
We had received a reference a couple weeks back and hadn´t been able to contact her for some time and I had asked for the directions from various different people and they all said something different (here there aren´t really any addresses) and I still don´t really understand directions very well but we decided to head out and look for this person. And we went to the first house that fit the description that I was told and. No one. I was feeling a bit down that day, but this image of this one house that we had passed before came to my mind and it fit the description of this persons house. And on a whim (I still am not very good with directions) we found this house and it was the correct house! And it just so happens that the daughter of this woman, the member who gave me the reference, just so happened to be
there at that time. She let us in and we were able to teach her with her daughter it was a really neat experience. 
Scripture for the week. 3 Nefi 22:10-11
The Lord´s love is always there for us even when we feel as if we are alone and with out comfort. Our loving Father in Heaven is preparing our path with precious stones.
Much love a todos,
RECUERDEN QUIEN SON!!
Hhn Milligan



This was an excerpt from my personal letter from Lauree this week.


 Daddy, even though we so far apart you some how know just what to say in your status updates that just help me in just the right way. Inspiration. :) Daddy I love you soo much...
  ...Oh this is a bit random but on the way to one of our sectors we pass by 5 big waterfalls and that isn´t counting the little ones on the side of the road. Just to make your photographer mouth water :P This place is soo pretty but it isn´t very friendly to those nice big fancy, expensive cameras. Jaja. Daddy I love you soo much. I think I shared this scripture last week but I would like to share it with you with a bit more detail. Romans 8:16-17 it says that the Spirit testifies that we are Children of God and that we are joint heirs to the Kingdom with Christ. I just want to say that everytime you remind Spencer and Matt and for everytime you reminded me to "Remember who you are" you in all honesty were speaking the truth and as such the Spirit can then testify through you. I don´t really know how to explain myself any better but I just want you to know that I am grateful that you would say that to me all the time and that you live worthy to hold the priesthood to bless your family. Daddy, REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!
Tu hija,
Lauree

No comments:

Post a Comment