Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 17: The 3 Miracles, Specific Prayers, 5 Steps In The Plan of Happiness

Hola Familia mía! ¿Como les va?

I want to say thank you for your support and for writing me and for your love. I am really grateful that I have such wonderful people in my life and for the encouragement and example you have given me. Gracias. Y también puedan enviar cartas por pouch..... Every Monday they send out the pouch so if you get the letter in to the church offices before then I can get it fairly soon. Jajaja. I am so grateful for all the support you give me though in all honesty it is just what I need every week. I don´t know how that happens but every week I have some sort of struggle and I can find an answer in something that someone has sent me. Thank you for being an answer to my prayers and for being in tune to the Sprirt in order to be an answer to my prayers. 

This week has been a great big emotional rollercoaster. Again I had a whole bunch of bug bites that had again become infected and my foot was swollen again. I was scared that I would have to take another three days off and I didn´t want that for anthing. So I did the only thing I could. I prayed. Specifically. There is such power in specific prayer. I prayed that in the morning my foot would be better and I would be able to go to work without problems. Then next day my foot wasn´t completely healed but the swelling had gone down and I could walk on it just fine. It is true that we don´t recieve a testimony till after the trial of our faith. I had a testimony of prayer before but it was strengthened as I acted on what I believed; that my Father in Heaven could heal me. And so I asked, and I was blessed. That is one miracle. 
Second, we have a baptism this thrusday. For a young man se llama Oscar. He is awesome! Hna. Aldás had contacted him before I came but because of complications had lost contact with him for some time. It wasn´t till a little before my first transfer (semana 4 o 5) that we started to vistit with him again. Last night he told us that before he met the missionaries he had been looking for a church to join but he didn´t know which one was the true church and didn´t want to just join any church. And he knows know that this is the Lord´s true chruch. I am really grateful for him. He has been through a lot. But he still goes about life with a smile and a good attitude. It is so wonderful to see people as they grow in light and knowledge of the truth. 
Third miracle. I can understand and speak spanish. I know that there is A LOT more to learn but in all honesty it is a miracle. I have only been here for 11 weeks and I can sit next to someone on the bus and talk with them. For me this is a miracle. I can say that I have improved a lot. I even can use the subjenctive! Woot! I don´t always use it right but when in doubt I usually opt for that and if I´m wrong Hna. Aldás corrects me. But lately she hasn´t had to correct me as much or translate for other people jaja. Also I have noticed that people respond to my questions. This is something that helps me a lot to know that I am speaking better. I know that there is a lot to work on but I am grateful for what I do know. 

Mi pensamiento espiritual por la semana (My spiritual thought for the week):

El Evangelio de Jesucristo o en ingles The Gospel of Christ. Okay I know that seems like cheating because that encompases everything. But I have come to understand this a lot better. In all honesty before the mission and even in the MTC I didn´t really know that Gospel of Christ was. (I can only say this now because you can´t see my face turn red). In my search to understand this better I truned to the Bible Dictionary. in the Definition of GOSPEL dice que gospel means good news; good news that  Christ has made a perfect atonement for all of mankind. That through Him all will be saved from the grave and all will recieve a reward according to their actions in this life. But more speicifically the Gospel of Christ is 5 steps that with and through Christ we can become like Him and live in the pesence of our Loving Father in Heaven. 
1. Faith in Jesus Christ
2. Repentance
3. Baptism by those who are in authority
4. Recieve the Gift of the Holy Ghost
5. Endure to the end
This is the Great Plan of Happiness. This is the only path that leades to Eternal Life. It is through our Redeemer and Brother Jesucristo that we can returne to life with God.  We always present this as our central message. That today because God loves us we have a living prophet to guide us and help us. Through the prophet Joseph Smith we have the fullness of the Gospel of Christ. I know that this is true. I also know that I have so much more to learn. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that He lives. He live so that I can live again. He suffered all of my pains and insecurities todo. He knows what I need when I need it and He gives me guidance through promptings of the Holy Ghost. I am so grateful for this knowledge. In the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Con cariño,
Hermana Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment