Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 16: Too Much Food, A Good Laugh, And God Knows What You Need

Due to volcanic activity
President Ghent told them to
wear these masks.
Algún día voy a escribir completamente en español y ustedes vayan a necesitar un diccionario. Pero hoy no es el día. 
Today I am going to be focusing on more personal letters for my family and they can then decide what they want to share with everyone. But I want to leave you with one funny experience and one spiritual with a challenge.

Funny experience:
So, one day we were in one of our sectores that is really far and we don´t get to visit very much. But for some reason or another EVERYONE decided to give us food. All sorts of different food. And it just so happens that it is a mission rule that we cannot turn down food. Also it is a sign that the people are really comfortable with us and all in all it is a very good sign if the people give us food (I think I have gained 10 lbs.) But one of the sweet old ladies gave us milk fresh from the cow. remember "Los gringos son bien delicados"? Yeah. Well I couldn´t stomach it. Needless to say it wasn´t a pretty picture. But the worst part is that I threw up in front of the house of a family that we were teaching. So yeah that happened and I thought nothing of it untill we go back to that area and we were back at that same family and at the end of the lección they tell me that they thought I was pregnant. Okay I know I have gained weight but ¡Ay caria! En serio. Hahaha it made me laugh so much. 
Lauree Says this is the biggest chicken
she has ever seen. Bigger than a turkey.
Pensamiento Espiritual:
So this week has been great! Rough but great. One day that was a bit harder that others and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything I opened the scriptures and encontré 3 Nefi 13: 32-33. Verse 32 says that God knows what you need. And verse 33 says "first seek the Kingdom of God....and all things will be added unto you." I was told somewhere that when we pray we are speaking to our Father in Heaven and when we read the scriptures is when Our Father can talk to us.Yo puedo testificar con todo certeza de mi corazón que en este tiempo mi Padre Celestial estuvo hablando a mi. This gave me such peace. I want to challenge you all to remember the scriptures and the value they have. And then think of your friends who don´t have this valuble gift and you don´t have to give them a Book of Mormon unless you feel so prompted but think of how much The Book of Mormon has helped you in your life and share an experience with someone today. Share a scripture with your mom, your dad, brother or sister, friend you know just anyone and then share how this scripture has helped you.

Con mucho cariño y oracion,
Les amo mucho,
Hermana Milligan

Happy Halloween!... Creepy monkey
Matt keeps asking Lauree to get him a
picture of a frog. She hasn't seen one yet
so she sent him this picture to satisfy him
until she could find a frog. haha



This is a bird that was at the
zoo. Lauree said this was one
of her favorites. 
 Lauree wrote more personal letters to us. I tried to share what we could through the pictures. I hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment