Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Week 72: Excerpts From Letters to Mom and Dad, Whispering of Mormones, and Miracles for Jose

This is an excerpt from Lauree's letter to me: I thought you might like to hear a follow up on Jose Miguel, but first off I want to share with you an excerpt from her letter to her mother from the previous week.

November 24,2014
this is my viejita favorita her name is carlota
she asked me if i was a gringa
 and when i said yes she said then hug me!
 jajaja gotta love her
So I just want to share an experience with you. So do you remember the youth that I told you about the one who talked to us about the BOM? Well he was baptised yesterday! It was a really crazy experience. So for starters he is from Colombia and is only here for a short time to work and then he has to go back to his country, and well we thought everything would be fine but his baptismal date was 29 of november but he has to go back 1 of december. But the 29th is a saturday and then the sunday after is stake conference and they can´t give the holy ghost that day. Then he leaves. So we went through a whole long crazy process so he could be baptized before. But while we were going through this whole thing I felt really ancious and like it was all too rushed and that his situation that he would just go in active. But it finally came to me that I should pray and ask. So I did that and to be honest I go super confused. And all through the prayer I was even more confused... I couldn´t recognize an answer (how funny is that after helping sooo many others try to recognize and answer...jajaj) but I closed the prayer with well he´s going to be baptised tal day and tal hour. amen. And then I gave time and I felt all the nervousness and anxiety leave. I felt calm and relazed. I know that only God can give feelings of peace and calmness. That was such a special experience for me. I know that this youth, José Miguel is going to be a missionary, and he is going to help sooo many other people come unto Christ. He is a great kid! well I just wanted to share that with you mommy, LOVE YOU!
we played larping- if you don´t
know what it is like i did,
you should look it up jajaja



12/1/2014
we are having problems with the power here there was a total power outage and we had to leave to another internet que loco! well i don´t think i´ll get around to writting a general letter so here are few of the happenings of the week.. one we went and sang at an old folks home and it was such a neat experience, i saw one old lady who didn´t want anything to do with us, she kept whispering under her breath mormones, mormones. well we sang and then we were saying good bye and at the end she changed completely she was so grateful she kissed my hand out of gratitud and to see how just a simple hug could change them soo much. there was an elderly man who thanked us for bringing christmas early to them. that was the highlight of the week. i loved it soo much! also there are more miracles when it comes to josé miguel, so he has to go back to colombia tomorrow and the thing is that he lives 2 hours away from the nearest church and there are not any missionaries there. but, get this we has stake conference and it just so happens that a family that lives in the ward that he would need to attend just so happened to be there yesterday and they met him and traded numbers and how perfect is that. everything is working out perfectly to help that kid out. i think that spencer´s words about how the gospel will get to places that it is currently, well where jose lives it is in a lot of conflict and so there are not missionaries there but he will be going there and i know he will bring the gospel wherever he goes. i love this gospel sooo much. it is amazing! trully amazing!

well love you bunches and bunches! you can do it, i know that it is hard to keep up with the homework but i know you can do it! I love your thoughts they are trully inspirted, just wait you will be giving a talk in general conference ya mismo! jajaja love you daddy sooo much


tu hija favorita,
hna milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment