Sunday, March 2, 2014

Week 34: The Off Tune Singing Sisters, Elections Week, According To Your Faith

Well I really didn´t know what to title this so I just put the song that Hna. Mora and I sing all the time in the streets. Jaja We sing all the time in this compañerismo. I LOVE IT. jaja. Now we don´t sing well, I´ll have you know, but we sing and in the mornings for comanion study we try and sing songs that we don´t know and it is something quite funny, but I love it. It´s great. 

So this week was the week of elections here in Ecuador and here it is mandatory to vote, if you don´t vote you can´t get paperwork that you need to get jobs, go to other contries, or just function like a normal person (I can imagine what my dad would say to that jaja). And for that there weren´t very many of our investigators in town. Almost all of them are from some other part of Ecuador and as such they had to leave and vote in there part of town, or country. So this week was a little bit slow. But hey it´s all done now. Woohoo!

For this Fe de febrero, milagros de marzo, we have been studying a lot about faith and miracles. Go figure. And tomorrow we have a conference with Pres. Ghent and I am really excited for this. The conferences are always super uplifting and inspiring. But something that I have noticed as I study is a little frase " according to your faith" that is almost just as prevelant as "ask and it shall be given, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened." And it really got me thinking, were is my faith? And what does faith really mean? I came to the conclusion that I don´t think I will ever fully understand exactly what is faith, just that I will have to continue taking that one step at a time that is faith. As it says in Ether 12:6, we do not recieve the testimony (o sea miracle) till after the trial of our faith, just that one step in the darkness, that one prayer of faith. But there has to be the action. We cannot just say that we have faith and ya all is well. James 2: 14. Without the work it is dead. 

I love you all and hope the best for you this week and for more faith to take that step and continue forward.

Les quiero mucho!
Hna Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment