Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Week 33: Emergency Transfers Again, Two Sisters Baptized, Made A Difference, A New Challenge To Read



Buenas tardes!!
So I just wanted you all to know that I faced my Mt. Doom, well I face it about every other day. My shower has like two settings, the first of Mt. Doom or the icy cold depts of the North Pole. Jaja

Okay so well I had emergency transfers again. Jaja I guess that is what I get for wanting to be in Quito, there are always emergency transfers here. So my new companion is la Hna. Mora, she is from Cusco, Peru. And she is super awesome. We get along really well, she is really funny and I am very grateful that we are companions, she is also very patient with me and my ever so faithful, rollercoaster of emotions. Jaja.
So this saturday we had a baptism! Of two sisters, Mary and María (yes that is real) also one of the daughters of María, Veronica, she lives in the sector of the other Hermanas. This family is fantastic, I love them soo much. Reciently their husband and father passed away and one of their really good family friends, who is a member, gave the reference to the sisters just before this transfer. They were some of the first people who wanted to be baptised before they had all the lecciones. We had to tell them to wait a week. Jaja. There is a first for every thing. And the other daughter, Fernanda, she is one of the most amazing people I have ever met she is soo smart, and the best part is that she understands me! Jaja. She just needs to get married and then she will be baptised as well but this time it´s not like "oh she needs to get married" or in other words maybe in a coulple of years, no, she is really trying. The thing is that this week is elections here and so she has to wait till the next week to get her papers. But I am going to have my first person get married!! Woohoo! 
This baptism was one of the most stressful of my life. They almost didn´t get baptised because they didn´t want
to sign the ficha (I don´t know what that is called in ingles). But with the help of their friends and a LOT of praying, they took the step of baptism. 
One of the blessings of this whole thing is that Presidente Ghent, told us that we have really helped this family. That is was I have wanted to hear my whole mission, that I have helped someone. And that was such a comfort for me to know that I have made a difference and to have someone else notice and tell me. That is what really got to me with this week. The answer to many, many prayers.
So this month and the next as a mission we are doing what we call "Fe de febrero brinda milagros de marzo" or in ingles. Faith of Februrary brings miracles of March. And for this we have had to make algunos sacrifices. As a mission, 1. No music 2. Personal sacrifice (mine are no french fries,
and not to study in english) 3. Read all four of the Gospels and the book of Acts (I´m reading them in spanish, ay carai). 4. Make a fast. 5. Every night write down blessings/miracles 6. No activities as district or zona. And we are doing this for 2 months. This no french fries thing is super hard. Jaja. I would like to challenge you all to one challenge, not the same as this. But to read the Book of Mormon in two months. I know it can be done if we can read all the gospels and Acts. Then you can read the BOM. See what happens and I know that you will be blessed. It really is an act of faith. DyC 97:8.
My scripture for the past week: Ether 12:6. We do not recieve a testimony till after the trial of our faith. It is true. I
am really finding that out for myself. and My testimony of it is all the stronger.
Les amo much. Espero que tengan una linda semana. Dios esté consigo hasta la proxima semana.
Hna Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment