Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Week 35: Peanut Butter, Soul Searching, Something To Learn In Everything, Testimony Meeting

Well, I finally did it. I finally bought peanutbutter. Even though it is like $4 for the smallest jar of peanutbutter that I have seen in my life. I am sure that it is worth it. jaja.

This week has been one week of much soul searching. and I think I am starting to vanquish my dragon. The mission is not easy, there are so many factors that are outside of our control, for example the agency of others, pretty much the biggest one out there, that makes it a little hard sometimes, when you want sooo badly to have just one investigator in the chapel or just want that one amazing family to accept the baptism invitation and they say no. Or when you are feeling soo lost and confused in a new sector and you hardly know anyone and your companion gets sick and gets emergency transfered. There are so many things that happen in the mission that you are not expecting. But from EVERY SINGLE THING there is something to learn. EVERYTHING. I have learned that, I can do hard things. I have learned to trust in the promptings of the Spirit. Sometimes I don`t even do that well, but even in that I can learn. I knew the mission would be hard, but even knowing that doesn`t prepare you for what is out there. A very wise person (if you are reading this, you know who you are) once told me that the MTC is a spiritual pressure cooker and that the mission field is the MTC for life. Well I have yet to experience life not as a missionary or a premissionary, and then I can testify of this. But I do know that I am being prepared for something better. 

Yesterday in fast and testimony meeting one hermano said something that really struck me, "sometimes the Lord lets us fall deep, so he can lift us up even higher."(that is more or less what he said but in spanish jaja) I challenge you to remember that when you are feeling down. Your Father in Heaven is preparing you for something better. Which leads me to something else that another hermano said yesterday. " The gospel doesn`t change your life, it changes your eternity." Wow. that way of looking at it never really struck me till he said it. And it is true, in this life you are still going to have problems and struggles but your future, your eternal progression is what is going to be even better.

Scripture for the week 2 corintios 12:7-10. This is one of my favorites. the last part says, "When I am weak therefore I am strong" the Lord can do the impossible, He can take someone who is hopelessly flawed and burdened with weaknesses and make them strong in His hands. That is when faith comes in, and faith without works is dead so then comes the repentance which is when we truly trust in our Lord and Savior.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE.

Les amo bastante,
Hermana Milligan 


So daddy I just wanted to tell you about one miracle for the week. So this past monday, our leccions fell through and so we knocked doors. We knocked this one door and a man answered and he is called Wilson. And we challenged him to baptism in the door way because we couldn`t go in with out another sister. But he accepted and oh okay well that`s great. And we planed a cita with him for the next day, and when we went he wasn`t there. Well with that we kind of put him out of mind. it was like yeah, he just ignored us and all that. Then this sunday, yesterday, I got really sick, like we had to get permission to go buy medicine but when we whent to the farmacy there was Wilson, and he told us that he wasn`t able to make it the other day because he got attacked and robbed, but that he had read the pamphlet that we left him and he wants us to return and that he wants to go to church. That was quite a miracle. Daddy, thank you for your patience and adviece, I am working on changing my attitude right now. It is my dragon. And it will be vanquished. jajaj. 

DADDY I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!! You are doing great things! Give mommy a hug for me and Grandma milligan

I talked to Pres, Ghent the other day and he told me the stop listening to my fears. And Well I felt like you were there telling me that and not him. I love you.
Tu hija 
Lauree

No comments:

Post a Comment