Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Week 5 The Lord Calls Us In Our Imperfections And Then Qualifies Us For The Trials

This is my district with two of our old teachers.
Hermana Vasques y Hermano Silva.
Hola mi familia! ¿Que pasa? Just so you all know I may be better at speaking español pero spelling is a different story...Bueno. Haha. I hope all is well back in el estados unidos. Is this the week for Girls Camp? Oh I´m so excited for you mommy, I know it is going to be un gran exitó! ¿Can you believe I have been here for cinco semanas? Yo no lo creo. Haha I can´t wait till I can look back on all my spanglish and just laugh. That will be a beautiful day.  I just want to let everyone who helped me get out here thank you, I wish I could just tell you each individually how much it means to me to know that you support me and my family. Thank you all. Se amo!
So I will be heading out to Ecuador sometime next week...no sé qué día. We will find out our travel plans this friday. So this is the last email from México por mi. Forever. I may or may not get to call when I arrive in Ecuador so keep your phones cerca and we shall see how that works out. Probablemente Monday o Tuesday. Wow. I just can´t believe that it has only been 5 weeks it feels like it is much longer yet at the same time it has just flown by so fast!
The second is of a tree we found in what we called
 the Sacred grove. The top part was done by the 
last generation of students here and then 
we added the bottom part.
Sunday we had a really awesome lesson and I wanted to share some of it with you pero I left my notes en mi casa.... Well I will share what I can remember. For reliefe society we had a lesson on revelation and it was wonderful. Hermana Pratt shared a story about a time she was planning Girls Camp (yes, I thought of you mommy) and how there was a need and an answer came that turned out to be very helpful. Sorry it is so vague I only remember that it was about Girls Camp. Haha Then we watched another devotional by Elder Holland (he REALLY likes missions/missionaries) and I really wish I had my notes. Pero he shared a story about a missionary somewhere in Europe who was new didn´t know the language well but helped change the heart of a woman who had lost a child and other religious people had told her that her daugher was confined to limbo (or something like that) and all becuase this elder knew the Book of Mormon he was able to help her. It was so awesome. Even in faltering imperfect language the Spirit can and will testify to the hearts of the people. After that we watched the new José Smith video and there was this one line that has stuck with me a lot since then. "The Lord calls us in our imperfections and then qualifies us for the trials" I know it is said a lot and isn´t anything new pero it is such a comfort to know that we aren´t called to a specific calling because we are perfect or ready for it in the sence that we think we should be we are perfect for it because we are imperfect and can then be made strong through it. Se amo! I hope everything is well I pray for you all especially Grandma Davis. Spencer remember the key to happiness is obedience. Matt, the Lord loves you more than you can even understand. Daddy, you got this, you have the Lord on your side, how can you go wrong? Mommy, the Lord is right there cheering you on and he knows your needs remember to turn to him. One of my favorite hymns is "Where can I turn for Peace?" Todos está bien! Give Mary and Joel my love. Tell Amber and Eric I love them and am so happy for their new addition to their family.
Con amor y oracion,
Hermana Milligan
P.s did you get my pictures? Oh and I just have to share that the food here has really improved! They give us a lot of flan! and I love it! Hermana Welch on the other hand does not haha! It makes me smile. I´ll try and send more pictures this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment