Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Week 4 Obedience Brings Blessings, Total Obedience Works Miracles

Hola mi familia!
How is everything? How is Grandma Davis doing? Padre, how was your birtday? What´s been happening in the states? I love hearing from everyone. How are the wedding plans going for Mary and Joel? Es loco how fast time is going by I can´t believe that I only have two weeks left aquí. It doesn´t feel like I´ve been here all that long yet it is really hard to think about how it was before I came here. It amazes me how fast we can get used to things. For example, there has been only one day that I didn´t get up at 6:30 and even then it was 6:35. Can you believe it, only one day! Ha! I consider it a great accomplishment :D

So funny story, ever since day one, us, North americans, have wanted burritos and last Saturday we FINALY got some but then we started to eat them and it looked like pre-chewed food but it didn´t taste bad so I ate it and the next day I was soo sick it was not a pretty picture and a lot of other people had gotten sick too. So I guess it really isn´t that funny but I hadn´t gotten sick before and it was when we finaly got burritos, the irony of it makes me laugh. Haha. Story of the week. But best thing ever my district is SO funny! There is this one elder who really likes to draw on the board and he has been into drawing Harry Potter and it sparked this "argument" sobre Harry Potter en español. And then they started to quote Monty Python and the Holy Grail... en español. Beautiful. As a side note I look like a deateater with my raincoat on. Pretty sweet.
Español is starting to come to me a bit better. I don´t think that even on the good days of speaking mostly español that I am really speaking pure español.. Haha todos está bien. Es mejor. This week we got to practice teaching latino elders y hermanas which was a really awesome experience. Because they didn´t give us time to plan a lesson they just said "siga el espirítu" Bueno. So we just started to ask a bunch of questions and before I knew it I was going into the First Vision. And it was awesome because mi comañeras were able to just jump right in and it worked really well. And after wards, we were talking with the elder and I said that I talk like a child and he laughed and said "sí, poco" haha. Awesome. It feels like I´m taking the invitation to become as a little child seriously. Haha! Pero español is coming poco a poco.

On Sundays we get to watch recorded devotionals from the Provo MTC. And this Sunday we watched another one by Elder Holland. And what can I say it was awesome. But somethings that really stood out to me were one, when they first made Preach My Gospel it was going to be called Preach My Gospel By The Spirit but it was too long so they shorted it. Pero I love that title. Really there is no other way to do it. We can talk about the gospel o we can teach with the Spirit and help others learn, feel, and do those things that bring them to Christ. The LEARN, FEEL, and DO are really important keys in this. It is also really cool to study the scriptures with those things in mind. What did you learn, what do you feel, and what should you do. It is awesome. Then the other thing that IS ALWAYS emphasised is that the only way to have the Spirit is by obedience. I don´t remember who said this pero..."Obedience brings blessings, total obedience works miracles" or something like that. It is a lot harder to be completely obedient than I thought it would be. But thi importance of it is coming even more and more evident. Obedience is how we recieve the blessings the Lord has promised us. It is one of the most important things we can learn in this life, not just obedience but the DESIRE to be obedient. In another devotional we had by President Pratt he said this quote"...it[the Spirit] will whisper peace and joy to their souls. And it will take malice, hatred, envyings, strife, and all evil from their hearts; and their whole desire will to do good and build up the Kingdom of God" Wow! Isn´t that a wonderful blessing of having the Spirit?¿ I LOVE IT! Even though I have only been out a month I can testify of the power of the Spirit in teaching. You can tell when you have it and if you don´t. I would like to extend the challenge to you to pray to have the Spirit with you and then be obedient. The blessings that will come will astonish you.
I love you all and am so excited to hear from you again. If you could please send me quotes(just anything uplifting, somthing fun to put on my wall or something) and if possible the talk from Elder Packer that he gave with the poem that he has been writting y adds on to it every 10 years or so. You know which one I´m talking about? That would be awesome! Oh Matt and Spence, I bought something for you, I´ll try and send it if possible :D Oh Mommy, could you send me Maryleigh´s email por favor? Love you all so much. The Church is true and the Lord Loves you! :D
Con amor y oracion(prayer),
Hermana Milligan


Oh. P.S I have glasses now. when we first got here they had to to eye exams and I guess I can´t see thing that are a bit farter away. It weirds me out everytime I wear them because things are SO much clearer and I had no idea! Haha It really is only for like seeing the board and such but yeah. I´ll send pictures 

No comments:

Post a Comment