Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Week One In The MCC...That's Fancy Talk For MTC ;)



Hola mi FAMILIA!! Okay so I thought I would mix things up a bit and email to daddy now. So I´m really trying to Hablar mi idoma. Or speak my language so that means you might get random Spanish words instead of English. Okay where to start...Well el CCM is fantastic! They make us work really REALLY hard and sometimes I don{t know how everything gets done but for the most part everything works out. Just like my first night here. I didn´t have a comanion. Yeah. I was kinda a wreck. They assigned out rooms in our house and they said that I had a companion so at first I was all alone in a weird room. And I waited and waited and nothing. So that first night I ended up sleeping in another room with two other hermanas. I seriously felt so alone and scared for that first little while. Then the next day I still didn{t have a companion so I just had to play a game of musical companions for the day, which was really good because it helped me to get to know the other hermanas better. Then AT LAST I got compañeraS notice the emphises of the S. Yes, I am in a trio. And I love it. They are such great hermanas. Hermana Welch y Hermana Meyer. Muy amigable! Very friendly. Hermana Welch es 21 y Hermana Meyer es 24. They are some of the oldest hermanas here and they are GREAT! They have helped me so much and Hermana Welch does hair so she has styled my hair quite a few times haha. So like day 4 or so my sense of time is WAY off, apparently a volcano went off in Mexico city haha you probably know more about it than I do, I thought that was really funny. We went to el templo hoy and it is muy bonito ( I think I´m spelling everything wrong haha) BUT THE TRAFIC ES MUY LOCO!!! Mommy you would die. Like there are no lines and if there were no one would follow them we almost got hit and we were in a big yellow bus. But not to make you worried all is well in el CCM :) The campus is really pretty there are these trees everywhere called hacaranda tress, they have bright purple
flowers and strange clam like seed pods. I´ll try and get pictures but we´ll see how that goes haha. Oh I want to share a cool thing I´ve been noticing about español. So CCM sands for el Centro de Capitacion Misional. I love how it is training es Capitacion like capacity. Because we are here to increase our capacity as misionaries. Español es muy hermosa when spoken right haha so in other words when not spoken by me. We have an investigator named Miguel and our last lesson with him went really well. I didn´t feel very good about it going in but in the end it went very well. We sang one of my favorite songs, Más cerca Dios de ti, or Nearer my God to thee. And I just love singing en español! That is another thing I noticed. The spirit is SO strong here. Not being able to understand what is being said almost makes the Spirt even stronger especially whey you hear someone bear their testimony. That is something we all have in common is the Spirit. It speaks to your soul no matter what language you´re speaking in and no matter how broken your spanish is or english. I´ve only been through one week and it kicked my butt! But I know that this work is worth it and that there are people out there who NEED to feel of it{s goodness and partake of the strength it gives. I am so privledged to be able to be here and learn how to communicate with these wonderful people and help them feel the Spirit and realize that the Lord has a beautiful plan for them. Here in el CCM we really are in the world but not of the world. you can here sirens going off and dogs barking, roosters everymorning and you can look out your window and see so many different things but here it is like you stepped into a whole new world. Yes that was a disney reference :P OH PLEASE PLEASE SEND ME PICTURES OF EVERYONE!!!!! Por favor! I want to be able to show mi compañeras y have some to look at myself. This is a long message the next one might not be this long. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! I know this church is true and I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He died for us so we can return again to our Father in Heaven. I hope all is well with you and you are all constantly in my prayers.  Thank you so much Mommy and Daddy for setting a wonderful example for me. Matt stay cool. Spencer I love you, keep up the writing. Much love Hermana Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment