Thursday, July 25, 2013

Week 3 Feliz Cumpleaños Padre!!!!


Well, mi familia this is week tres down. Can you believe it has almost been a month? Crazy right? Well before I get to far into this thingamajigger.... FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS PADRE!!!! It´s coming up fast and before you know it you´re going to be an old man :P Love you Daddy. So this week has been a much better week than last one. I feel like there has been some progress with the language. This past Thursday (I think) mi compañeras and I only spoke español for about 90% of the day it was BEAUTIFUL! Then today we got to go to the temple again and I UNDERSTOOD almost all of what was said and able to say parts without prompting. That was my prayer when I went in. There have so many tender mercies. And some really funny things as well. One day when going through the lunch line one of the workers was asking ¿cual es su nombre? (what is your name?) and when I said Milligan he was like in as best english he could, "like Gilligan´s island?" Haha best ever. Made my day. Things with mi compañeras is going great, we had companionship inventory and boy did that help things. Last week was difficult because we all get along so well that we want to talk to eachother about everything and that is really hard in español so we revert to ingles. No bueno. No bueno. But we have all been making an added effort to Hablar Su Idioma (speak your language). And it really had been making all the difference. And our district is awesome! We laugh so much and are able to help each other along the way. Almost everyone is going to Chile (except Hermana Welch, she´s going to Arizona and me) But things are great, our teachers are wonderful. They are pushing us more and more and it is much needed. I need to get better at making goals. I tend to think to much about it then I run out of time to actually make any. Haha I think Sunday´s are my favorite days because we get devotional after devotional and it is simply wonderful! This sunday Hermana Pratt (the president´s wife) gave a wonderful lesson on President Uchtdorf´s talk for the Young Women given March 2013 (I highly recomend Looking it up) but it was all about the Language of the pure love of Christ. "...a universal language-- one that has the power to overcome emotional, physical, and spiritual barriers." There was so much more to it but I can´t go into all of it but it was awesome, read it sometime. Then we watched a devotional by Jeffery R. Holland. And whew! I think I might have lost my eyebrows it was so AWESOME! He talked about never going back to what you were before you left. So if I come back and I´m not changed you will know that I failed. So you better hope that I come back changed so much it is hard to recognize me haha.
 Oh Mom, I send you a letter last week and I have no idea how long it will take it to get to you and in it I answered the questions you sent like weeks ago haha but if possible I need you to send me a few things for Ecuador. A laundry bag ( I forgot one), a black shirt, like the one I bought at walmart, slippers, a tan slip, and my companion has a pair of Crocs that are flats and they are really comfortable and she says that they work really well for walking and when it rains you don´t have to worry about them (if possible black size 7). Which reminds me that in my last email I said to send letters. Well...don´t. It takes like 3 weeks....Yeah. Haha well we have two investigators (don´t worry they are our teachers) this time around. Jesús y Ricardo. Jesús is really receptive and asks a lot of great questions. While Ricardo is a lot harder to connect with. They are both teaching us a lot and it is really great. I am coming to know just HOW important having love for others really is. (How important you ask? MUY IMPORTANTE!) Also I LOVE seeing the pictures they are the best to see I especially loved to see little Skyler, SO happy for them! Well hasta luego!
Much love and TONS of prayers. REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE
Hermana Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment