Sunday, November 2, 2014

Week 67: Big Temptation, Glorious Tacos, A Frog, Finally A Real Missionary, Why Is The Secret To Perfect Obedience

So this week a lot of little things have happend. One, one of the biggest challenges of my mission. So every saturday, we eat lunch in a restaurant owned by members and well it is a restaurant and they have a huge big screen tv. But normally they just watch football or WWR or something like that and so there is no temptation jajaja but this saturday was a different story.... That´s right. Lord of the Rings, right there in front of me. AHHHH it was aweful. I died a little inside but I was strong and didn´t watch it jajaja

Another event in the mission, this tuesday our momita couldn´t make us lunch so we called another family and well they made us tacos!!! We about died of happiness! I think I ate about 8! hahaha I was about ready to roll out the door jaja after day after day of rice and soup I was sooooo happy jaja! They know how to make two missionaries happy! Just give us tacos! 

Another little thing, after 15 months of my little brother Matt asking me if I have seen a frog (a live one) I can finally say that I have seen a live frog! It was a land mark moment and well I did not have my camara. Jajaja But hey it happened.

As for event number 3. I got bit by a dog!! Dumb dog. It wasn´t anythig big, it didn´t draw blood or anything but I was just walking in the door when this ugly little thing just comes up out of nowhere and bites my leg! What the heck! But now I can say that I am a real missionary jajaja The thing that makes me more mad is that my new pair of tights now have a great big hole! Ahh jajaja 

Well this week I have been reading in Mosiah for the chapters with Abinadi and it really makes me think a lot about obedience. (especially Mosiah 13) This is when he teaches the 10 commandments and it is really an interesting thing obedience. We have soooo many rules in the mission sometimes I couldn´t help but think that there are too many but I have come to realize that the rules don´t matter, now now don´t get me wrong! We have rules and commandments that we need to obey. But trully what does it do for us if we obey but our heart is not in it? The thing that really matters is why. Why are you being obedient? Because you are afraid of the consequence? Because you want blessings? Or because you love your Father in Heaven and want to do all you can to please Him? I know that obedience when it is perfect obedience comes from love for my Creator, my Father, for my Savior. As Abinadi said that the salvacion does not come from the law but that we must obey but with the spirit of Love. That has been one of the things that I has really called my attention this week. I invite you all to read Mosiah 13 and think about it. I know that The Book of Mormon is trully another testement of Jesus Christ and that we can draw closer to our Heavenly Father when we read and study the teachings in that book. I share these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Les Amo mucho!
Hna Lauree Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment